We live in the dawn of a cashless era that the credit cards play a crucial role in everyday life and the students are not the exception. College students can use it to access additional funding for their education, expenses and even to have fun, as well.
Why should students use credit cards?
- Credit cards help the students to learn how to use the money and the freedom.
- Proper usage of credit cards enhance their credit history
- Opportunity to apply for loans increases, when they maintain a good credit score.
- Bankers review their credit score for vehicle loans, future mortgages, apartment rentals etc.,
- Using credit cards in the right way gives opportunity for the students to be more responsible in money matters
- Credit cards teach them to manage money in a better way.
- Using credit cards with fraud protection allows them to stay away from unauthorized purchases.
- Make use of the cards that come with extended warranties and additional protections.
- Common services like car rentals and hotel bookings need a credit authorisation.
- Students can easily manage the emergencies and unexpected accidents, with the credit card on hand.
- Without the need to take hot cash in their wallet, the students find credit cards as the easy and convenient way of shopping.
- Credit cards with a cash back offer, discounts, etc., can be availed to buy books, food and to pay bills.
Today, using credit cards is a necessity than a convenience and financial experts strongly recommend it as a learning tool, which helps them learn how to handle money and freedom. Citibank Indonesia offers an array of credit cards, which can be employed by the students to meet out their expenses; to improve their credit ranking; to earn rewards; and to benefit from the discounts, deals and cash back offers.
- Citi Rewards Card – Earn rewards points to shop and dine with Citi Rewards Card; and enjoy discounts up to 15% for shopping in certain stores.
- Citi PremierMiles Card – Travel with PremierMiles card and get free access at airport lounges; and redeem the miles while booking airline tickets.
- Citi Cash Back Platinum Card – Cash back offers up to 5% on dining, grocery shopping and gasoline can be availed.
- Citi Simplicity+ Card – Earn 10% of the interest amount back, by paying on time.
- Garuda Inonesia Citi Card – Offers 5% on ticket purchase in local Indonesian transport and get an additional 20 kg luggage.
- Citi Telkomsel Card – Students can earn 3x rewards points, while paying the monthly billing of Telkomsel via Citibank card. In addition to that, the students can get 2x rewards points at particular theatres, coffee shops, electronic merchants, mobile app, Shell gas station etc.
- Citi Prestige Card – Students can enjoy the executive and concierge services and a lot more opulent offers.
Before getting a credit card, the student should have thorough knowledge on how to use the cards, without falling into the trap of debts and it is a life lesson.